Author Topic: Straight key - without paddle ?  (Read 5353 times)

OZ1AXG

• View Profile
Straight key - without paddle ?
« on: 2011-04-04, 12:30:10 »
Hi

How should the Radio RRC be programmed if I only want to use a straight key interface at control site ?

I wired the straight output to radio to OUT2 on I/O port
I only get it working with Out2 mode set to I/O, but will there be a difference in the keyer timing using "I/O" vs "keyer" as the mode ?

Ref: Page 54 User Manual.

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Straight key - without paddle ?
« Reply #1 on: 2011-04-04, 12:36:27 »
Hi

Setup everything as you will use keyer and paddles, and check that it works. Then activate "Keyer" on input 0 in the Control RRC IO-menu. Connect the straight key to input 0 in the I/O RJ-45 connector, see manual for pin config.

If you just use I/O for the straight key you can not use the key delay, and your CW may be disturbed by jitter on the internet.

73 de mike

OZ1AXG

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-04-04, 15:32:23 »
Hi

Ok, I will try this... must the paddle be activated in order for this to work ? I would like to free up a least one of the INx on control-RRC to be used as a antenna switch ...

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2011-04-04, 15:45:10 »
You can not combine them, when using CW the inputs are not available. But you can control the ouputs on the Radio-RRCs via the web interface

/mike

OZ1AXG

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-04-04, 19:05:28 »
Hi  Mike

Thanks for the help ... the straight keyer is now working ...

oh2xx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-06-23, 22:16:36 »
You can not combine them, when using CW the inputs are not available. But you can control the ouputs on the Radio-RRCs via the web interface

/mike

I had to put OUT2 to keyer to get PC keyer without paddles working. Now if I set OUT0 (on/off) to ON and OUT1 (on/off) to ON via the WEB interface the status page indicates the following:

Output 0   High
Output 1   Low
Output 2   High

OUT1 on/off seems to set OUT2 high? So I need to wire OUT0 and OUT2 to get remote switching work? Or is this a bug that will be fixed later?

73 de Kari, OH2XX

oh2xx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-06-24, 12:36:00 »
Just measured that only OUT0 on/off works. Setting OUT1 to ON does not affect OUT1 wired output nor OU2 either (even though  the status page indicates so...) Is there still something to check in my configuration or could it be a bug?