Author Topic: Radio RRC box no longer syncs  (Read 2331 times)

WA7HJV

• View Profile
    • Email
Radio RRC box no longer syncs
« on: 2021-02-24, 22:59:36 »
Greetings All,

I have several remotes set up around the country using RemoteRig. One that has worked fine for years has not been used for a few months due to travel restrictions from Covid. I attempted to access the Radio box today both via the network and also with a cable using Microbit 2.0. After failing to connect to it I noticed that when I unplug the power supply, even waiting 20 minutes and then apply power again, the red and yellow lights do not come on and the power light comes on immediately solid instead of blinking. I checked the voltage on the power supply to the box and also unplugged the power cable and connected the unit to a usb port. No difference. Any ideas or do I need a new box?

Thank you in advance for any ideas.

Jack WA7HJV
« Last Edit: 2021-02-25, 22:29:51 by WA7HJV »

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Radio RRC box no longer syncs
« Reply #1 on: 2021-02-25, 18:15:19 »
Hi

If the CPU is not running the RED and Yellow LED is ON and PWR LED is OFF.  What you describe looks like everything is normal

73 de mike

WA7HJV

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2021-02-25, 21:38:08 »
Hello Mike,

The Red and Yellow do not light at all under the above conditions and the Green power light comes on immediately and stays on instead of blinking until it syncs up as it did for years previous under the same conditions.

WA7HJV

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2021-02-25, 22:34:58 »
Mike,
I certainly do not mean to disagree with you and I appreciate any help you may have to offer but it is strange that when I used to power up the radio box, the green light would blink 3 or 4 times until it connected to the network via the CAT-5 connection. Now it immediately shows solid green but I cannot get into the box via network or cable.

Thanks,

WA7HJV

WA7HJV

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2021-02-27, 18:32:48 »
Mike,

I tried to different laptops with Microbit 2.0 running and when I plug in the USB from the box I get a usb device not recognized or not working properly error. Do you have any suggestions there?

Thank You,

Jack

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2021-02-28, 18:18:23 »
Microbit 2.0 is the company name I guess you mean the Microbit Setup Manager program

Im afraid that if both the USB interface and the Ethernet interface is not working it's not much more to do, It's not possible to replace the CPU or the Ethernet PHY to a resonable cost

73 de mike

WA7HJV

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2021-03-01, 15:39:33 »
Ok. Thanks Mike!

Jack WA7HJV