Author Topic: Control-RCC Audio Output with Dual RX Turned Off  (Read 2598 times)

N3AE

• View Profile
Control-RCC Audio Output with Dual RX Turned Off
« on: 2021-02-28, 22:32:37 »
If I have Dual RX set to off and plug a stereo headset into the Control-RRC, will I hear audio in just one ear or both ears?   

Stated another way, if the radio's mono speaker output is connected between the Radio-RCC tip and ground using a mono 3.5 mm cable, and with Dual RX off, will the Control-RRC output audio on BOTH the tip and ring?   

Not well explained in the manual as far as I can tell and the schematic on page 235 is a bit confusing regarding P5.  Couldn't find anything relating to my question in the forum posts.

A second question.... if a mono headphone or speaker is plugged into the Control-RRC SP jack, will that damage the Control-RRC since the mono 3.5 mm male plug essentially shorts ring to ground?   

A third question ... if the answer to my first question is no (Control-RRC outputs to only one ear of a stereo headset), can an adapter that shorts tip to ring be used or must tip and ring be combined through some resistors to protect the Control-RRC from damage?

tnx

N3AE
« Last Edit: 2021-02-28, 22:59:03 by N3AE »

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Control-RCC Audio Output with Dual RX Turned Off
« Reply #1 on: 2021-03-01, 08:30:27 »
First always use a stereo plug to the Control-RRC a mono plug may damage the Speaker amp.

If you set dual RX off you will get audio in both ears, feed from the tip of the audio input in the Radio-RRC

73 de mike

N3AE

• View Profile
Re: Control-RCC Audio Output with Dual RX Turned Off
« Reply #2 on: 2021-03-01, 23:14:52 »
Thanks Mike!

N3AE