Author Topic: RRC stereo audio for SO2R  (Read 2850 times)

k4fn

• View Profile
RRC stereo audio for SO2R
« on: 2021-04-04, 19:46:38 »
I have been trying to solve a problem and could use some help.

I have (2) K3's at my remote station and I recently installed a RRC-1258 pair with a K3/0-Mini for control of (1) radio.  Previously I was using RemAudio and noticed a pronunced improvement in audio latency using the RRC.  I had no problem with the RemAudio stereo audio required for SO2R except for the latency.  I might also mention that I do not have the sub-receiver in either radio.  I am using a SO2R Mini to switch the audio stream to L, R and Both.

Now I am trying to use (1) RRC to provide a stereo audio stream for both radios, one in each ear/speaker/channel.  I am using a y-adapter to split the switched audio from the SO2R-Mini to the RRC sp in and computer audio inputs, allowing me to still use RemAud if necessary.  I have both of the K3's configured for (2) speakers and the RRC audio dual-rx set to yes. I am getting mono audio from either radio but no stereo/both.  I can not seem to change CONFIG:L-MIX-R if that makes any difference.

I have another pair of RRC's (but no K3/0!) that I could use but I am trying to keep all of the switching, controls and logging on the server for a number of reasons.

For reference the K3 I am using is SN 05864 and the RRC is SN 13271.  Both have the latest firmware upgrade.

Thanks es 73,
Dan  K4FN

« Last Edit: 2021-04-04, 19:52:47 by k4fn »

k4fn

• View Profile
Re: RRC stereo audio for SO2R
« Reply #1 on: 2021-04-05, 17:46:25 »
I just noticed the following on the radio RRC:
SIP Out port   13000
SIP In port   13000
Audio Out port   1024
Audio In port   13001
Command Out port   1024
Command In port   13002
External SIP In port   13000
External Audio In port 13001
External Cmd In port   13002
How come Port 1024?

Another unrelated question.  What do P5.2 and P5.4 mean?

Dan  K4FN

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2021-04-05, 18:15:16 »
If you connect a audio cable with a 3.5 mm stereo plug to the radio-RRC and activate dual-RX you get left and right audio separated from the speaker jack. There is no other settings concerning this, if you set up a K3 to output split audio it 's works ok, I don't think anyone understand what you want to do with split cables etc but is as simple as that for the Remotrigs.

The portmapping you see is done by the router, fully normal for some router even if most routers make straight mapping.

port 5.2, 5.4 has no function for K3

/mike

k4fn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2021-04-05, 18:29:30 »
Mike
Thanks for your prompt reply.  My problem must be wiring related which is what I suspected.
Do I need to change for forwarding for Port 1024?
Dan K4FN

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2021-04-05, 18:35:19 »
Yes I think it's wire related. No you do not need to change the portforwardings

/mike

W1UE

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2021-04-05, 20:58:45 »
Dan
Let's go back one step.  Plug headphones into the So2R Mini- is it switching properly?  Do you actually hear the two audio streams?

Now add the Y cable, and test again by connecting headphones to one of the two plugs.  Do you still hear the two audio streams?

Try restarting the RRC box. 

Are you using the Speaker or Headphone output on the K3?  Front or rear? 

Using the REMaudio produce both channels?

The L-Mix-R should be "A  B". 

Dennis W1UE

k4fn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2021-05-09, 00:17:28 »
Dennis

Sorry I didn’t see your response earlier.  The problem was a bad connector/cable.  Everything is fine.  I have DSL with very limited bandwidth so I am just using stereo on (1) RRC for both radio audio streams.
SO2R Mini is fine but wish I could figure a way to make it client/server like the MOAS.

Dan  K4FN