Author Topic: Amper 2000 4L DDNS help  (Read 3666 times)

cx6vm

• View Profile
    • Email
Amper 2000 4L DDNS help
« on: 2021-10-06, 02:10:49 »
hello

I change my remote internet provider with Movistar Amper 2000 4L router like this one https://www.robustel.com/en/product/r2000-vpn-gateway/

I do all the configuration but couldnīt find where to setup DDNS to access it from other network. Movistar support on my country didnnīt give a solution yet, so I want to know if someone can help me to tell me where to register my tplinkdns on this router

thanks in advance!

Jorge
CX6VM/CW5W

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Amper 2000 4L DDNS help
« Reply #1 on: 2021-10-06, 06:58:16 »
Hi Jorge,

I am not sure if I understood you 100%, but I think you are saying that you replaced the router on the
radio side.

If so, then all you need to do is to reconfigure your new router to forward the ports to the radio RRC's internal
IP number. Nothing else is needed to be changed and nothing at all at the control RRC side.

The radio RRC already has the RemoteRig DDNS setup (I assume), which just tells the control side (in the SIP contact)
your current public IP address. This doesn't make any difference what router is being used.

If you are using a VPN, then you would use the internal IP address as the SIP contact instead.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

cx6vm

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2021-10-06, 12:43:39 »
hello Mitch

before that I have a link to the station to send internet, so I was in the same network, radio and control where in the same network, no need to configure DDNS

Now I have two diferents networks. The main one in my house, and a new one (Movistar 4G router) in the remote site.

I tried to configure DDNS, but I am not good at this point and couldnt yet have it working

Jorge
CX6VM/CW5W

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2021-10-06, 18:17:44 »
Jorge,

You are confusing me. Your first posting said that you needed to setup DDNS, now you are saying that
you didn't need that.

I really do not understand what you need, so I will just give general information that may help:

To setup DDNS on your radio RRC to report your public IP number:
 - Go to the Dynamic DNS settings tab (radio RRC only)
  - Change the check interval to i.e. 10 minutes
  - Make sure the drop-down is on RemoteRig's service
  - Click on apply changes

To use the DDNS address to access your station (after port forwarding):
- On the control RRC, place the information from the radio RRC's "own host name" on the Radio Settings tab under SIP contact.

This information was copied out of my Networking Checklist, in case you still have a copy.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

cx6vm

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2021-10-06, 18:42:05 »
hello Mitch

I start over

I did that, but on http://ddns.remoterig.com/status/index.php I received Microbit DDNS Result xxxxxxx not found!

So seems remoterig dynamic dns service is not working?

Jorge
CX6VM/CW5W

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2021-10-06, 19:03:09 »
Hi Jorge,

That would have to be addressed by Microbit. Is your status page showing an error message?

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2021-10-07, 08:57:00 »
HI

DDNS system is working, you have probably set a non working DNS IP. try to set DNS IP to 8.8.8.8 ( google DNS)

73 de mike