Author Topic: CW Truncated / Dropouts  (Read 1519 times)

py2xb

• View Profile
    • Email
CW Truncated / Dropouts
« on: 2023-04-02, 14:33:21 »
Hello Guys, Hello Mike

I am having an issue when sending CW to the remote side. The CW is truncated. If it was before it was not easily noticeable. BTW I use TS480S with remote head at the Control Side.

The internet connection at the remote end is the same and it is good.  At the remote side all is wired, no WI-FI. I have no issue with the receiving audio at the Control side.  SSB transmission works fine as well. BTW I have tested CW sending with two ISPs at the control side and there is no difference.

I have increased the Key Delay to the maximum (250ms) at the Control RRC.  It improved the CW transmission but I still have dropouts or some hang-like effect as a longer dash.

Any ideas about what can be done parameter wise or what to investigate? Many thanks  Fred,  PY2XB

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: CW Truncated / Dropouts
« Reply #1 on: 2023-04-02, 19:26:30 »
Hi
If you have increased key delay to 250 ms and still have problem, it's nothing more you can do within the Remoterigs. The Internet connection is not good enough. Often it's better to have the same ISP in both ends if possible, then the data might not even pass out to Internet, just using their own backbone.

73 de mike

py2xb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2023-04-03, 16:47:56 »
Hi Mike > Thanks feedback. I thought I would receive such an answer !

My remote station is in a rural area. I have not too many choises of internet provider. The one I have uses dedicated radios for the last mile. The RTT from the control point is quite OK (35 ms or even less). The Jitter may be the issue ( above 30ms).
I am talking to the provider if they can trace the route and find something different, because I did not have this issue before.
One question: I have notice a sensible improvement with Key Delay = 250ms. It would not make sense to increase this limit  to 500ms for instance? Maybe half second delay would be too much, but I rather have a large delay than a bad CW.

Best Regards Fred

oz1rh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2023-08-29, 20:04:38 »
If it is not fixed yet you can use pingplotter.exe at www.pingplotter.com/download/ to check where the delay is.

73, Palle, OZ1RH - OZ5W contest site