Author Topic: Dual RX with RRC-1258MKIIs Elecraft K3 Twins  (Read 1583 times)

n6rw

• View Profile
    • Email
Dual RX with RRC-1258MKIIs Elecraft K3 Twins
« on: 2023-04-21, 02:22:26 »
I have a K3 at my radio site and a K3/0 at my California house.  I am using the RR-1258MKIIs K3 Twins.  For years, I have been able to use both of the K3 receivers by setting the Dual-RX option to YES at the Remote Site RR1258.  Recently, I noticed I couldn't hear the sub-receiver any more.  I looked at the settings for the Remote Site RRC-1258 and saw that Dual-RX was set to NO, but the firmware would not allow me to select YES.  It only shows NO as the only option.  Any suggestions?  Do I need to go back to an earlier version of firmware?

73 de Bob N6RW

n6rw

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Dual RX with RRC-1258MKIIs Elecraft K3 Twins
« Reply #1 on: 2023-05-07, 20:36:37 »
I submitted the question to RemoteRig Support and they were able to look at the RRC-1258 at the remote site (remotely).  They determined that the RIB (whatever that is) was somehow set to 0, which was indicating the K3 had only one receiver.  Somehow, they managed to remotely reset it to a value of 4, which allowed the Dual-RX to be set to Yes and allow me to hear both receivers.  I wish I knew how they reset the value of RIB, in case it happens again.

73 all
Bob N6RW