Author Topic: rfi with amp  (Read 1108 times)

derek

• View Profile
    • Email
rfi with amp
« on: 2023-06-11, 16:24:07 »
everything working fine with 100 watts.when using my amp a rm hla300 plus hp,audio is choppy and may loose connection.i have put ferrits on everything i can think of but no help,any ideas ? thanks derek

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: rfi with amp
« Reply #1 on: 2023-06-11, 17:26:56 »
Hi

RFI is in most cases caused by bad balanced antennas. My experience is that it's no idea to try to put ferrit etc on the cables inside the chack, you have to keep the RF at the antenna. Best is to change antenna the second best is to put RF chokes on the antenna feeders as near the antenna as possible. If the antenna is extremly near the shack it might be RF direct from the antenna but thats not as common as the RFI coming with the feeder back to the shack

There so many things which can pick up RF. like Modems, routers, ethernet switches, ethernet cables and the audio cables connected to the RRC. DC -cables etc

As you say it disconnects sometime I guess it's on the ethernet side the problem is. The cables it self, or a plastic switch or router etc

Also try with separate Power supplies for the Radio and the RRC if you do not already have that, to avoid ground loops

73 de mike

derek

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: rfi with amp
« Reply #2 on: 2023-06-12, 16:32:00 »
Hi Mike thanks for the reply I have got the rfi problem fixed..what i done was to move the router to another room out of the radio shack and put on good quality ethernet cable and now everything fine cheers Derek