Author Topic: TS-590 Twin Setup - How to get CAT Data for the N1MM+ Log program  (Read 781 times)

HB9BJL

• View Profile
    • Email
Hello,
I am testing a TS-590S Twin setup. It works fine with COM2 and COM0 in parallel with 9600 Baud. 

Control Side:
I cannot get the CAT Frequency Data to my PC from COM1. I have tried all sorts of COM1 mode (4,6 and 7) setups, a straight an null modem ables but to no avail. Can you help me ? The only other way to get CAT Info for the N1MM+ Log program is using the USB port on the control TS-590S.

Radio Side:
COM1 can be set up in "Mode-11 CAT Info from CAT2" Does that mean that I get the CAT Info to use a BCD decoder to enable band switching on my HVLA-700 Amplifier ?

What is the best Baud rate to communicate between the twin TS-590S ?

73, Christian, HB9BJL

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Hi
Set com1 to mode 7 in both the Control-RRC and Radio-RRC then you get CAT data  transferred to Control-RRC com1 for N1MM and you also get CAT data out of Radio-RRC com1 to control the PA. Baudrate settings should be the same as for the the radio CAT baudrate

73 de mike

HB9BJL

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi Mike

Mode 7 works fine to get the frequency Data from the radio unit COM1 to my Kenwood Band Decoder (made by RA0SMS) using a 9-pin male-male null modem wiring (2->3, 3>2, 7>8, 8>7, 5=5).
The Band Decoder provides a BCD Code to remotely select the bands on a HVLA-700Y Transistor power amplifier. So far, so good. The baudrate is 9600 to match the fixed decoder setting.
But at the control unit I don't get any serial data for N1MM+ when connected to the COM1 port on my HP Compaq 8000 Desktop. I have to use the USB connection for CAT and for Winkey / FSK. These features work well.
The COM1 port doesn't seem to be working. Also some Functions of the TS-590S with the twin setup don't work such as Memory chanels and Split operation. The latter prevents me from working DXpedition stations. Is there an explanation for this behaviour ?

73 de Christian.   
« Last Edit: 2023-11-09, 12:13:20 by HB9BJL »