Author Topic: Connection to remote lost every 30 seconds  (Read 509 times)

GW6OVD

• View Profile
    • Email
Connection to remote lost every 30 seconds
« on: 2023-11-08, 15:48:41 »
Hi, I changed over a few months ago from Yaesu FT857 to Icom 7100 set up and all has worked perfectly until the last few days.

Now when I switch on, the radio works normally for anything between 20 seconds and a minute then disconnects.

Radio will reconnect every time when switched on again but disconnect after a very short period.

If control RRC is connected to local network at radio end all works normally.

I am using an Icom 7100 with a pair of RCC 1258 mk2's running version 2.95
RRC'S are both using default settings.

I have conducted a series of speed tests at the radio end and noticed a possible latency issue.
Download speed is around 43Mbs and upload around 6.8Mbs but the upload latency is very erratic,
from between 200ms to 780ms, could possibly be my problem? 
If this is an issue that could be causing the frequent disconnections are there any RRC settings that can be tweaked
that may help resolve this problem?

Thanks for reading my post, I would be most grateful for any advice on this issue

73, Mal

« Last Edit: 2023-11-08, 16:09:22 by GW6OVD »

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Connection to remote lost every 30 seconds
« Reply #1 on: 2023-11-08, 16:31:04 »
Hi

pingtimes of 780 ms will no cause disconnection but interuption in the audio stream and respons when tuning.

You have to investigate your internet connection, there is nothing that can be done in Remoterig to solve the problem.

Try to move the control-RRC to an other location so you can find out in what end the porblem is

73 de mike

GW6OVD

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Connection to remote lost every 30 seconds
« Reply #2 on: 2023-11-08, 18:19:12 »
Thanks mike, Ill try that next.