Author Topic: YaesuTwin Install Problem  (Read 4595 times)

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
YaesuTwin Install Problem
« on: 2011-05-31, 19:05:27 »
I finally got my YaesuTwin installed at the remote location, but the connect does not work.

When I hit the connect button on the status page (the power switch has no effect), then
the remote FT-2000 turns on for about 2 seconds, then switches off again. I have a camera
mounted there and can control how the remote FT-2000 responds.

I have double and triple checked my settings, but everything appears ok. I have installed several
RRC's by now and pretty much know most things. I also moved this new (Yaesu) RRC into the
DMZ for a short test, with the same result. So it is not a network port issue.

I am using firmware 2.39 on both ends. I have changed and forwarded all ports to be different
than the other RRC that is installed at the station (in the DMZ). I also killed my other RRC for
a minute to make sure there was no "interference" issue I overlooked.

Since the manual does not cover operation of the YaesuTwin (only installation), I am assuming
there is nothing significantly different from the RRC-1258.

Maybe someone has a clue what is wrong.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: YaesuTwin Install Problem
« Reply #1 on: 2011-05-31, 21:16:44 »
When using the Yaesu Twin Concept radio mode should be set to 10 then there is no "connect" button, so I think you have set it up wrong. You can email me the exported settings if you want

73 de mike

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2011-05-31, 21:22:40 »
Hi Mike,

Of course both sides are set to "10", but there is indeed a connect button on the status page.

I will e-mail you my settings directly.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2011-06-01, 14:17:59 »
Just to bring everyone into the loop, since I was communicating directly with Mike....

I found the problem. You absolutely MUST use the supplied CAT cable at the control
side. Since my RRC is on the floor, I had used an existing serial cable which passes
through all the pins. When I put the one that came in the box in the line, it started
working as expected  :)

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX