RRC 1258 Support in English > Configuration, RRC 1258

RRC Manager

(1/2) > >>

W1NN:

Hello,

I am still confused and stuck on step 4.  I am obviously at a much lower level of computer and networking knowledge than most on this list.  I am really struggling with all this terminology.  Thanks to Walt W6SA for your response to my previous posting.

I am attempting to work my way through the instructions one at a time. 

Can someone please tell me if the RRC Manager referred to in the "Configuration with Microbit Setup Manager" (page 27 of the latest version of the User Manual) is the same thing as the "Setup Manager"?
If it is something different, where do I find it?  The instructions on page 27 say that the RRC Manager can be found at the website, but I can't find anything by that name in the downloads section.  I wonder if the "RRC Manager" is the old name for the "Setup Manager." 

dj4mz:
Hi,

1. use the "Microbit Setup Manager" as you can find it in the download section of the Remoterig Website for "initial" configuration. That is, connect your boxes one after the other to your PC using a USB connection and adjust the network settings to fit your local net (write down the IP adresses of both boxes).

2. After you have changed the network settings of both boxes you can remove the USB connection and connect both boxes to your local net using a switch. You should now be able to access both boxes using a web browser and the two IP adresses from 1.

3. Configure the boxes using the web interface.

vy 73
Simon, DJ4MZ

dj0qn:
Let me know if you need help by phone or Skype. I can also send you a
checklist that I wrote for people not too familiar with networks technology.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

W1NN:

Thanks everyone for the advice and assistance.  My problem was that the user manual is out of date and the terminology used therin does not match what is on the website.  After I understood this, I was able to make it through step 13 in the system setup instructions.  The 480 is now working fine through my router.  On to the next steps.  Wish me luck! 

Jan (Microbit):

--- Quote from: W1NN on 2011-06-28, 15:38:44 ---
Thanks everyone for the advice and assistance.  My problem was that the user manual is out of date and the terminology used therin does not match what is on the website.  After I understood this, I was able to make it through step 13 in the system setup instructions.  The 480 is now working fine through my router.  On to the next steps.  Wish me luck! 

--- End quote ---
Could you possible point out what and where you found such misleading/invalid information so that we can fix that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version