Author Topic: Connection via browser  (Read 4657 times)

M0BPQ

• View Profile
    • Email
Connection via browser
« on: 2011-09-17, 17:47:35 »
Guys,

I had a working RRC system and have just tried to update the firmware via USB. The USB update was OK according to the RRC manager and I can connect to both boxes via the USB cable, but to only one of them via a browser. I have moved the system to a local ethernet swith so it is all on my desk to test. This means I can move cables etc between working and non working items and this has counted out any silly errors with cables

I have tried to reflash the firmware a couple of times, and have made sure that I haven't made any slips with IP addresses etc. When I connect to my problematic box with USB I get serial number 1966592 and a mac address of 00:00:00:00:00:00. Cycling the power makes no difference.

What do I need to do to reconnect via the browser interface? Is there any way to do a hard reset?

Thanks
Steve

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Connection via browser
« Reply #1 on: 2011-09-17, 17:54:10 »
Hi Steve,

It sounds like the other box still has a fixed internal IP number, so it probably just needs
to be changed to DHCP.

In either case, just use the Microbit Setup Manager via USB. This allows you to change to DHCP,
call-up the IP address and have the browser go directly to the box. It looks like you already are
using the Setup Manager, so just make sure that DHCP is turned on.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2011-09-17, 17:59:19 »
If you get that MAC address you have lost important data in the flash memory. Open the box and read the serial number on the label and email it to me. I will then instruct you how to do.

73 de mike

M0BPQ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2011-09-17, 21:10:11 »
Thanks for your help guys.

I have had another go at this and holding down the reset button for 30 secs to do a factory reset and starting from scratch solved my problem. The serial number reported by the RRC config programme is still wrong, but it work now! OK, so I had to do a raw reconfig, but it is a small proce to pay.

Thanks for the offers of help tho!

Steve

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2011-09-17, 21:29:38 »
you better set the right serial number also which controls the MAC address, but I need the serial number from the label to fix it /mike