Author Topic: control Yaesu FT9000 with FT2000  (Read 4890 times)

Fred VE3PIE

• View Profile
    • Email
control Yaesu FT9000 with FT2000
« on: 2012-03-16, 01:52:02 »
At my home I have a Yaesu FTDX9000D with a rotator and alpha linear amp.
At my remote site I have a FT2000. If I use the RRC-1258mkIIs yaesu twins can I control the FTDX9000 with the FT2000?
If I can, then can I also control my rotator and maybe my alpha amp with this setup?
or do I have to do something else like use a computer at the remote site with software such as the TRX manager to control the FTDX9000?
In the latter scenerio do I need a set of regular RRC-1258mkIIs ?
thanks for any help anyone can give me.
Thanks, Fred

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: control Yaesu FT9000 with FT2000
« Reply #1 on: 2012-03-16, 08:25:17 »
Hi

We have tested most combinations but not controlling a FT-9000 from FT-2000. Try to contact w6df Jim they have tested various combinations with FT-9000. The QRZ.com email adress is OK.

73 de mike

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: control Yaesu FT9000 with FT2000
« Reply #2 on: 2012-03-16, 09:29:39 »
Fred,

To answer your other question about controlling a rotator and amp; yes, you could use a PC at the station controlled by something like VNC or Teamviewer.

If you do not wish to run a PC at the radio location, you can forward the serial ports over the internet. There are essentially three ways to do this:

1) Use the two serial port servers built into the RemoteRig RRC's. With normal operation, COM2 is usually used to carry the CAT signal, so COM1 is available for control of other devices. If running one of the Twin configurations, COM2 is used to connect the two RRC's already, so to have local CAT one must use a special mode on the control RRC that brings this CAT signal to COM1 as well. In that case, both serial ports are already used by the RRC's and are unavailable for other devices.

2) You can use a standard serial port server, such as one from Lantronix or other companies. These allow you to install a virtual serial port on your control location's PC and use these serial ports for your software as if they are local.

3) If you have a supported device, RemoteRig offers a separate device that allows web-based control over the internet. See http://www.remoterig.com/wp/?page_id=636 for further details. Note that the RemoteRig guys plan to add a virtual serial port to these devices in the future to allow use of serial control software on the PC in the control location.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX