Author Topic: Remote Rig 1258MkII Web Server Browsing Issues  (Read 3559 times)

Michael

• View Profile
    • Email
Remote Rig 1258MkII Web Server Browsing Issues
« on: 2010-12-09, 02:35:52 »

Good evening All:

Well my remote rig arrived today and I set about configuring for testing purposes, before I add them to my HF station.
I followed the instructions about connecting but I could only connect up one unit at a time because my other cables are out in the shack.
I managed to update the firmware in each unit by connecting the Control RRC to my PC, then I swapped out the control RRC for the Radio RRC and
performed the update.  Only had one LAN cable, so had to swap that as well.
The problem I'm having is that I can't browse each units web server when connected to my PC and LAN.
I receive a "server has timed out" message. I looked at my router settings and each device isn't showing up.
I'm starting to suspect that they maybe damaged, although each unit powers up and the ethernet ports light up as well.
Please advise on what root to take. Just as a note: do both units have to be connected to the LAN, at the same time?
I don't think so as I was able to connect one unit at a time and update the firmware with no problems.
The Microbit manager doesn't have any problems, just browsing the units web servers.

Michael De VO1RYN

P S

Would it be possible if someone could correspond with me via an email for tips and tricks?
I'm already corresponding with one Gentleman but maybe someone with some LAN experience could help as well.
Someone who is using the Remote Rig System with a transceiver that doesn't have the detached front. 

Email: vo1ryn@gmail.com

Michael

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Remote Rig 1258MkII Web Server Browsing Issues
« Reply #1 on: 2010-12-09, 08:23:59 »
I am not clear if you updated the units' firmwares via LAN/Ethernet or via USB/Manager? It looks like you used LAN since you say you only had one LAN cable. But if so you must have been able to browse the units before the update, or?

If you look on the "Net info" tab in the Microbit Manager program, what do you see? (Click "Get" first of course) Have you changed web server port from 80 to something else?

You don't need to connect both units to the LAN at the same time in order to browse them, but only connecting them via USB isn't enough.

Why do you think that the RRCs should show up in your router? Are other LAN connected devices with static IP addresses doing that?

You could also try pinging them from a command prompt.
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

dj4mz

• View Profile
Re: Remote Rig 1258MkII Web Server Browsing Issues
« Reply #2 on: 2010-12-09, 10:46:59 »
Hi Michael,

did you change the IPs of your boxes to fit in your local LAN? See pages 25 to 27 in the manual.

BTW: I think there is a little error in the manual. On page 25 it is written
Your PC IP address in this example is 192.168.0.101 this means that the IP of the RRC:s must
have IP:s in the area 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.255.
Shouldn't that be 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.254 (192.168.0.255 is the broadcast!)

vy 73
Simon, DJ4MZ