Author Topic: Mic cable options  (Read 3912 times)

VA2EBI

• View Profile
    • Email
Mic cable options
« on: 2020-08-18, 14:41:32 »
Is there a mic cable available for the 3.5mm mic plug on my Yamaha headset?  Looking for 3.5mm to RJ45.

George W1EBI

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Mic cable options
« Reply #1 on: 2020-08-18, 14:55:47 »
Hi George,

It has been a few years, but I bought mine on Ebay.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

K1PY

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2020-10-08, 23:17:22 »
Hi
Totally new to forums. Am in midst of configuring the boxes, but noticed a mic issue -- Just like George W1EBI, I have a 3.5mm mic connector, and have been looking hard for an RJ45 to connect to the Mic input. All I find is the exact opposite -- male 3.5mm to female RJ45.

So, George -- did you ever find one. Haven't gone to eBay yet like Mitch -- have generally avoided it, but might be last resort unless you found a source.

However it turns out, am glad to see I'm not alone in needing one!

73 to you and Mitch

Vic K1PY

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2020-10-09, 11:14:46 »

LB4MI

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-12-27, 18:53:53 »
Hi,
I was just about to make a similar post when this popped up.

I just ordered the RJ45 to PTT/MIC cable that are made for Yaesu. Mine is from www.technofix.co.uk, but I purchased it trough Ebay.
The cable works perfectly when connected directly to my Yaesu 857D. But when connected to the RemoteRig-box, no sound is transferred.
The PTT works. So I realize the strapping needs to be changed in my control box.

- I have allready activated JMP1 ("DC to Mic") to allow DC current to the microphone (I use Astro A10 with electret condenser microphone element)

Currently my AUX/MIC is wired according to the user manual, for the original MH-31, as shown on the attached picture.

Earlier posts suggest to look at a similar setup for Icom, as they used DC-powered electret microphones with remote rig. But I have not been able to find a strapping configuration to use.

Can anyone share how their strapping is done, when using RemoteRig (RRC-1258MkIIs v7) and electret microphone? (PC headset)?
Or any other suggestion?
(As mentioned; I am 100% sure my cable and headset work when directly connected to the 857D radio)

VK3ALB

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2020-12-27, 21:46:04 »
Hi,

I think you need to understand how your cable has been made first. With a continuity test you will know how the pins are connected in your cable. Then you can use the manual (the pins on the RR header are described) to work out your connections.

Regards

Lou
VK3ALB

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Lou
VK3ALB