Author Topic: Software for RRC-Micro PC-Client  (Read 17703 times)

DF1NP

• View Profile
Software for RRC-Micro PC-Client
« on: 2011-05-18, 00:21:21 »
Hi,

Does any other software works as the slow HRD with RRC-Micro PC-Client? I prefere the excellent ICOM Software RS-BA1 for my IC-7600 using C-IV Mode. At the same time I will control my rotor on COM 1 and my Expert 1K-Fa on COM 2.
Or shall I use RRC1258MKII on control- and radio-site?

tks Willi

roland

Re: Software for RRC-Micro PC-Client
« Reply #1 on: 2011-05-20, 08:49:09 »
We are current looking into support for the ICOM RS-BA1

DF1NP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-05-20, 17:28:07 »
tks, Roland

73 Willi

roland

« Reply #3 on: 2011-05-25, 19:55:27 »
tks, Roland

73 Willi

A beta 1.3.0 beta 1, which supports ICOM RS-BA1 has been published

LA7THA

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-06-16, 22:50:54 »
Hey

Just wonder, are we far away to have support for TRX-Manager ?

73 Rune LA7THA

roland

« Reply #5 on: 2011-06-22, 14:52:12 »
Not all. It was released today :)

rockyjones

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2011-06-28, 03:03:02 »
Roland I can't seem to get TRX-Manager to work with this release.  It comes up with a COM port error thinking the COM port is 0 (zero).  HRD still works if I select HRD for the "software" setting.

Any Ideas?  Anyone else tried TRX-Manager and have it working?

Joe W4WT

Update:  Here is the error I receive from TRX-Manager.... "Initialization error - COM PORT (IC-756PRO3):Invalid port number (0)".  I have the COM port set to 3 in TRX-Manager Setup.  RRC Micro is set to use Com0 port as Com3 for the Icom radio.  I'm running 2.40 in the RRC-1258 box.

Update2:  I re-installed version 1.2.1 which I used successfully before and it worked fine for HRD.  This also made me see that HRD is very sluggish with the new release 1.3.1...  it will work without error but very slowly.
« Last Edit: 2011-06-28, 04:50:19 by rockyjones »
W4WT

roland

« Reply #7 on: 2011-06-28, 09:01:28 »
Roland I can't seem to get TRX-Manager to work with this release.  It comes up with a COM port error thinking the COM port is 0 (zero).  HRD still works if I select HRD for the "software" setting.
Any Ideas?  Anyone else tried TRX-Manager and have it working?
Update:  Here is the error I receive from TRX-Manager.... "Initialization error - COM PORT (IC-756PRO3):Invalid port number (0)".  I have the COM port set to 3 in TRX-Manager Setup.  RRC Micro is set to use Com0 port as Com3 for the Icom radio.  I'm running 2.40 in the RRC-1258 box.

Did you select the "Microbit RRCMicro" in your Com-selection?
See New software for the RRC-Micro PC client released (v1.3.1)

Update2:  I re-installed version 1.2.1 which I used successfully before and it worked fine for HRD.  This also made me see that HRD is very sluggish with the new release 1.3.1...  it will work without error but very slowly.
Did you remember to select the old Com port driver then?

rockyjones

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: 2011-06-28, 20:41:26 »
"Did you select the "Microbit RRCMicro" in your Com-selection? "

Yes, this is the driver that was loaded and selected in the profile for RRC-Micro when I installed 1.3.1.  I just installed 1.3.1 again and opened the profile, updated it from the 1.2.1 settings to make sure that I had done it correctly the first time.  TRX-Manager failed again just like it did the first time I installed 1.3.1.  The first message I get is a Windows message which said essentially that TRX-Manager had stopped working and Windows would check for a solution and notify me when it found one.  If I continue to try to start TRX-Manager, I eventually get the message about Com port 0 (zero) as I indicated earlier.  Also, as I indicated, HRD works but very sluggishly taking about 30 seconds when it starts up to read the radio and adjust all the sliders to the proper settings.

"Did you remember to select the old Com port driver then?"

Yes, I had deleted the new drivers and 1.3.1 program prior to going back and re-installing 1.2.1.  As I said, when I went back to 1.2.1 it worked properly as it had when I used it prior to installing 1.3.1.

Joe W4WT

Update:  I just installed RRC-Micro and TRX-Manager on a different laptop.  Neither program has ever been installed on this laptop so it was a clean install for both products.  I set up "Micro" profiles for TRX-Manager and HRD.  I started up "Micro" with the TRX-Manager profile, clicked "Connect" and it connected to my remote RRC-1258 with no problem.  I then started up TRX-Manager and experienced exactly the same error condition I did on the original laptop after setting the Com port in TRX-Manager to Com 3 and the transceiver to the Icom Pro III.  I have Com 3 mapped to Com 0 in the TRX-Manager profile of "Micro".

Joe W4WT
« Last Edit: 2011-06-28, 21:28:59 by rockyjones »
W4WT

roland

« Reply #9 on: 2011-06-28, 21:46:44 »
Ok. Are you running XP or Win7 (32 or 64).
On Win7 TRX-Manager must have 'Privilege level' set to 'Run as administrator' and also 'Compability mode' set to 'Windows XP (Service Pack 3)'
If you still fails, please Enable Debug in RRMicro for the COM you are using. Restart and repeat the error. End program and send the file 'mblog.txt' in your Documents Folder to me.

rockyjones

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: 2011-06-29, 01:26:59 »
I am running Windows 7.  I have TRX-Manager installed on a desktop computer running with the RRC-1258 pair (not Micro) and it works fine without being set for "run as administrator" nor being set for compatibility with XP.  I assume that the RRC-Micro requires this but not "in general" for TRX-Manager?

Regardless, I set "run as administrator" and compatibility as XP sp3 and this stopped the error on both laptops but neither laptop would communicate with the RRC-1258 remote box/radio.  TRX-Manager could not read the frequency or set anything on the radio.  

Since I have the same problem on two different computers, I must assume there is a problem with the driver since each of the laptops works fine with 1.2.1 and HRD and both laptops have a problem running HRD (as well as TRX-Manager) when using the 1.3.1 release.

I can provide a copy of the debug file but I don't know if it will show anything with TRX-Manager as I don't think it is able to communicate with the Com port through the driver to even hook up with the RRC software.  I'll also try to provide a debug file running HRD.  Maybe it will show something.  I'll get these a little later this evening.

Joe W4WT
W4WT

roland

« Reply #11 on: 2011-06-29, 09:00:18 »
Hi Joe.

Thanks for the logfiles. In them I can see that no serial data is coming from the RRC-radio end to the driver.
Don't know the reason for that yet. I also did see some things that I must ask about.

The logfile states that you have not selected any Mic or Speaker.

AUDIO
      AudioSpeaker=
      AudioMic=

Also you have enabled all COM-channels. Is this by intention?

COM0
      ComMode0=2
      ComPort0=Microbit RRCMicro (COM3) This one is used by the program. Is this your intention?
      ComTerminator0=FD
      ComTimeout0=40
COM1
      ComMode1=3
      ComPort1=Microbit RRCMicro (COM4)
      ComTerminator1=
      ComTimeout1=40
COM2
      ComMode2=2
      ComPort2=Microbit RRCMicro (COM5)
      ComTerminator2=FD
      ComTimeout2=40

Also ComMode0=2 is used. Should be 4. Thats "4 - Kenwood, Yaseu, Elecraft". You have selected "2 - ICOM CI-V"
Here is some images from my test rig that may help. Serial cable between TR480 and RRC Com2

« Last Edit: 2011-06-29, 09:53:31 by Roland (Microbit) »

rockyjones

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: 2011-06-29, 17:36:05 »
I have both the MIC and Speaker selected on the profile.  Not sure why it didn't show up in the debug output.  I have the RRC Micro as both speaker and mic. 

Not sure why you are saying I should select "Kenwood" and not "Icom".  I use an Icom Pro III.  Is the Micro set up such that I should be telling it to use Kenwood?  Is that what you are saying?

I have all COM channels selected because I use all COM channels (or would if TRX-Manager worked on the Micro).  I use COM 0 for the radio (Icom Pro III), I use Com 1 for the rotor, and Com 2 for the "secondary channel" (called "Synchro" by TRX-Manager) to control the Icom PW-1 to prevent collisions on the CI-V bus.  Having to do this is why I can't use HRD (no secondary port option) to operate my station and had hoped to get support for TRX-Manager/DxLabs soon so I can run the remote station "on the road" with the "Micro" as I do from home with the RRC-1258 pair.

Joe W4WT
W4WT

roland

« Reply #13 on: 2011-06-29, 18:18:30 »
Joe. Reading this in my cellphone on my way home from work. Sorry that I missunderstod what radio you was using. So the protocol you select is ok.
Have to come back tothis tomorrow then as my tests has been against tr-480 only.

roland

« Reply #14 on: 2011-06-30, 14:54:36 »
Joe. I have not been able to find any "Icom Pro III" among our set of radio's here.
But we have an ICom IC-7000 that I can use instead. It's not available today. Hope
to get it up and running tomorrow.