Author Topic: Monoflop functionality for 1216H  (Read 8919 times)

HB9EKK

• View Profile
Monoflop functionality for 1216H
« on: 2012-10-05, 18:14:55 »
Does 1216H provide for a monoflop function? Means, that I can activate a button just for 1 second to steer a microswitch?

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Monoflop functionality for 1216H
« Reply #1 on: 2012-10-05, 19:34:51 »
Not from the web pages, but you could achieve something like that using a pulse command, see page:

http://www.webswitch.se/wp/?page_id=342
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

Remote_Mike

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2013-01-30, 21:14:41 »
Unfortunately the 1216H doesn't support real monoflop functionality. Forget about the HTML commands for this function. Use a real monoflop as NE555 or similar and switch on/off a relay for triggering the NE555.
I am using a K3 and this TRX needs a kind of impulse for startup.

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2013-01-30, 21:28:47 »
Unfortunately the 1216H doesn't support real monoflop functionality. Forget about the HTML commands for this function. Use a real monoflop as NE555 or similar and switch on/off a relay for triggering the NE555.
I am using a K3 and this TRX needs a kind of impulse for startup.
How do you define a "real monoflop functionality"?

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2013-01-30, 21:59:55 »
It's not needed for triggering the pwr to K3. You can have it on for ever, just switch it off before you send the "pwr off" command via the serial port

/mike

Remote_Mike

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2013-01-31, 13:26:25 »
A real monoflop doesn't bouncing like a mechanical relay does.
And if the relays are switched on/off (in terms of monoflop function) the output signal is bouncing because of the mechanical contacts.
The K3 can be switched off by sending a "power off" -command via serial port. But the K3 cannot be switched on via serial port. The K3 needs a small pull down at pin 8 (ACC connector) for remote switching on. This pull down signal must not last for ever it is just a small pull down signal of several milliseconds.
For that reason I trigger a monoflop (NE555) via the relays and the monoflop turns on the K3 remotely (electrically isolated via optocoupler). For K3 power off I am using the power off command via serial port.

Mike

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2013-01-31, 13:59:17 »
A real monoflop doesn't bouncing like a mechanical relay does.
And if the relays are switched on/off (in terms of monoflop function) the output signal is bouncing because of the mechanical contacts.
The K3 can be switched off by sending a "power off" -command via serial port. But the K3 cannot be switched on via serial port. The K3 needs a small pull down at pin 8 (ACC connector) for remote switching on. This pull down signal must not last for ever it is just a small pull down signal of several milliseconds.
For that reason I trigger a monoflop (NE555) via the relays and the monoflop turns on the K3 remotely (electrically isolated via optocoupler). For K3 power off I am using the power off command via serial port.

Mike
OK, yes in that context I understand what you mean. Though I think a relay could also have a monoflop function if the thing it controls does not mind that the signal jumps up/down before settle down. It is all about how fast the controlled thing is able to detect changes in the signal.