Author Topic: TS480 LOCAL work -> REMOTE no MIC PTT ?!?  (Read 11119 times)

hb9oab

• View Profile
TS480 LOCAL work -> REMOTE no MIC PTT ?!?
« on: 2010-03-20, 15:47:21 »
HI
i am use a TS480 RCC MKII     ;)

On local LAN work fine without problem but if i use on remote, all work fine but the PTT on MIC do not work.

When I press the microphone PTT in Local LAN I normally go to transmission without problem.
When I am in remote if I press the PTT on the MIC it doesn't go to transmission.
The audio extinguishes him but it doesn't go to TX MIC and it doesn't ignite the red TX LED on transceiver and on the Smeter is alway on RX.

==> in Local it perfectly works.  ???  ???  ???

In remote work all without problem but not the MIC TX!
The LAN NAT is ALL to 192.168.1.228 !!!
The firewall is open...
the RX and all command work perfectly...

The whole rest perfectly works, audio, TX CW, only the PTT of the MIC doesn't work if I am in remote.

I have shaped the router NATs and the net... it seems all ok:
Thing there and' of wrong?  >:(

3  Any(ALL) ALLOW always 192.168.1.228 Any Always

or

4  RRC-web ALLOW always 192.168.1.228 Any Always
 5  RRC-sip ALLOW always 192.168.1.228 Any Always
 6  RRC-audio ALLOW always 192.168.1.228 Any Always
 7  RRC-cmd ALLOW always 192.168.1.228 Any Always

or the 2 at same time...
same problem... NO PTT TX

Fw release as MKII is the last 2.09!!

Please HELP!
Tanks
« Last Edit: 2010-03-20, 22:23:22 by hb9oab »

e72x

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: TS480 LOCAL work -> REMOTE no MIC PTT ?!?
« Reply #1 on: 2010-03-20, 23:30:46 »
I am sure that your port forwarding don't work well , please use this simple software and check on radio side is this ports are open on your router...
Port used for the Command channel (default = 12000)
UDP Audio port    Port used for the audio channel (default= 11000)
SIP Port    Port used for the SIP sessions ( default= 5060)

Please download this simple program
http://portforward.com/help/portcheck.htm

e72x -Gordan

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2010-03-21, 18:24:05 »
Hi

I have not heard anybody else having that problem so I think it's a router issue. The PTT command is sent via SIP-info at port 5060.
So I think the router interfere with it in some way. Are you using IP-telephony in either end ? What kind of routers do you use?
Try to change 5060 to an other port, there are routers who assume it's IP-telephony if port 5060 is used and do strange things with the traffic but at those situtation it's normally not working at all. If your router has something called SIP-ALG turn it off.

73 de mike

hb9oab

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-03-21, 18:58:52 »
I am sure that your port forwarding don't work well

HI Gordan
tanks reply!

The problem has probably to be another.
Up to yesterday all it perfectly worked with >10 NATs with the PC routed to server.
The PORT are correctly addressed.
The router is a recent NETGEAR DG834G
In Local both forehand that through SWITCH it works without problem then is in WAN/ROUTER?

In remote I have two problems one serious and the other normal:
1. The PTT MIC doesn't work and I uses the VOX: with the PTTMIC it goes to voice TX with VOX.
==> then TX RADIO VOICE &&& TRANSFER working perfectly

2. The CMD PROC doesn't correctly work: when I press it ON/OFF only after I press an any other CMD makes the PROCON/OFF

Very strange but can thing be?
why with the VOX the TX it doesn't work with only the voice but only pressing the MIC PTT+voice to go to TX and then TX work??

I should have another TS480 on another consumer to see if the problem is here from remote or local router or on the RCC WAN?

Regard's
Franco, hb9oab
« Last Edit: 2010-03-21, 20:23:51 by hb9oab »

hb9oab

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-03-21, 19:00:31 »
Try to change 5060 to an other port

This test I have not done her yet, here in house use a direct system HandyTone.
I immediately try!

tanks

hb9oab

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-03-21, 19:10:14 »
Try to change 5060 to an other port

This test I have not done her yet, here in house use a direct system HandyTone.
I immediately try!

YESSSS!!!!
The problem was the SIP NAT from some part!
The PTT now works correctly.
Tanks for the tips as SIP port!

Only the cmd PROC KEY ON/OFF it still has the problem that works only after having pressed another cmd and that the vox now doesn't correctly work.

could  be a problem of other NAT? but here I don't have other I don't have other configurations...
tanks
Franco hb9oab
« Last Edit: 2010-03-21, 19:44:35 by hb9oab »

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2010-04-16, 15:04:18 »
I have a similar problem to the one that Franco had. I also can't get the PTT to work remotely on the TS-480, otherwise all seems ok so far (I haven't tried CW yet). In my case, even VOX didn't work.

I tried several different SIP ports, but no difference. Maybe I didn't find the magic port that Franco is using  ;)

The remote is located in the DMZ, the ports are forwarded locally. All indicators are fine under the status page for both units.

Anyone have any tips?

Mitch DJ0QN

hb9oab

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-04-16, 18:37:14 »
I have a similar problem to the one that Franco had. I also can't get the PTT to work remotely on the TS-480, otherwise all seems ok so far (I haven't tried CW yet). In my case, even VOX didn't work.
I tried several different SIP ports, but no difference. Maybe I didn't find the magic port that Franco is using  ;)
The remote is located in the DMZ, the ports are forwarded locally. All indicators are fine under the status page for both units.
Anyone have any tips?

HI Mitch
I have not resolved the problem of the PROC and VOX that work in strange way yet.
However work but don't work yet the TS480 keys CH1 CH2 CH3 & 1-2-3REc PLAY.
The SIP PORT I have had to modify it because I had another SIP system active on the LAN for my personal VOIP.
I have put NAT 5061 and everything has gone to place.

You could be also however the ROUTER that doesn't accept the SIP traffic over Hxxx system, If it is not a problem of port NAT you try to replace the router.
I perhaps hope that you find the solution.

73's
Franco, hb9oab
http://www.wlog2000.com

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: 2010-04-16, 19:47:12 »
Thanks for the reply, Franco.

If I understand you correctly, I must replace my router to get this to work, since no port seems to work.

I have a problem changing routers....I switched to VDSL, and there is not much on the market. There are no external modems to use with a decent router and there are only routers available from T-Home, which are crap. I can't put the box in a DMZ, for example. The VDSL router from Fritz was announced over a year ago, and is still not shippable.

Still, it is strange, since the sound works just fine, just not the PTT. I would think that nothing would work if the port was blocked.

Mitch DJ0QN

dj4mz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-04-17, 12:12:35 »
Hi Mitch,

maybe T-Com is blocking SIP traffic... One work around instead of exchanging the routers may be using some kind of VPN. HW?

vy 73,
Simon (DJ4MZ)

hb9oab

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-04-17, 14:18:39 »
If I understand you correctly, I must replace my router to get this to work, since no port seems to work.

Hi Mitch,
If the system you have verified and

A. in local LAN all works (same LAN)
B. doesn't work anything in remote

1. NAT or firewall error in the routers
2. non compatible routers to the used protocols
3. ISP provider closes you some protocols

This however only if in local LAN all ok works without problem!

73's
Franco, hb9oab
http://www.wlog2000.com

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: 2010-04-17, 14:50:49 »
Thanks Simon and Franco,

First on the VPN: the station has a VPN for my normal remote operations, but this QTH has the stupid T-Com router, which has no VPN support. Since I can't connect the networks using the routers, I would need to set-up an extra VPN server to do this, since the RemoteRig doesn't support VPN within the firmware.

Where I am puzzled is that I have no SIP errors at all; the status page is correct, I get sound (which I believe runs over the same port) and the non-blinking yellow light is lit. I really don't think it is a port forward issue.

I will open the box up to see if one of the jumper wires has fallen out, or if I somehow did the wiring wrong (I triple-checked, but you never know). If I don't find anything, I will drive to the station and see if they talk to each other over the local network and look for the problem there. I only checked the connection when I installed the system, and didn't try the microphone out. Maybe it never worked.

Mitch DJ0QN

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: 2010-04-17, 16:24:23 »
That was it....one of the jumpers was not quite in one of the holes, not sure why. Now the PTT works.

The audio quality sucks, as I have strong background noise that is louder than my audio. I need to do some testing to find the problem, but at least it transmits now. It may be an RF problem, but hopefully I can solve it from here.

Thanks for the help!

Mitch DJ0QN