Author Topic: Keying only without a TRCV connected?  (Read 2011 times)

DF3VM

• View Profile
    • Email
Keying only without a TRCV connected?
« on: 2021-01-27, 11:27:21 »
Hi,
running a K3-Twin-Setup for yrs without any issue, I'm familiar with setting up the network etc.

But now I ONLY want to use the internal keyer to key a remote Flex - not CAT-control via remoteRig!
Network is working fine, but i can't get any did out of the Box. Is it not working without a Radio connected?

I would be very happy to receive help.

73's
Mike, DF3VM

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Keying only without a TRCV connected?
« Reply #1 on: 2021-01-27, 11:58:37 »
Hi Mike,

The data is only sent when a rig is connected, so that won't work how you are doing it, At
least make a connection between the RRC's first.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

DF3VM

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2021-01-27, 13:52:01 »
Hi Mitch,

both RRC's are connected (can see it in the "Status") via Remoterig DNS, but I don't want to connect a radio to the RRC. (I use a Flex6600 on the remote site with Maestro & SmartSDR at the control-site - no no further hardware wanted and needed). But the Flex has this f*** "remote keying & sidetone" issue, so I had the idea to use one of my RRC-pairs ONLY for Keying the Flex with a paddle. Seems that the keying is not possible without a radio connected to the RRC.... Runnig my K3-Twin Setup via the same network-config is working as espected.

Ok, I need another plan...

73's
Mike

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2021-01-27, 19:08:03 »
Mike,

Try using the Winkeyer emulation and see if that solves your problem. Just use COM3/COMEXTRA
on the RRC and set it to Winkeyer. Use the virtual COM port in Windows to key Winkeyer.

Maybe this won't work, but it is worth trying.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX