Author Topic: RRC NANO i Cannot be used normally  (Read 3903 times)

BI1LLM

• View Profile
    • Email
RRC NANO i Cannot be used normally
« on: 2023-08-30, 14:31:18 »
I use RRC nano to connect to icom 7100. After successfully connecting to 1258, the frequency and other information cannot be seen in the control interface, and the sound cannot be heard.I tried two phones, one with MIUI (based on Android 10)The other is HarmonyOS 4 (based on Android 13).
I used a HarmonyOS phone to successfully connect once, but after disconnecting, I couldn't connect again.

BI1LLM

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: RRC NANO i Cannot be used normally
« Reply #1 on: 2023-08-30, 16:35:46 »
My CVI cable is now connected to com1, must it be connected to com2?

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

Joakim (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2023-08-31, 10:25:14 »
How long have you been using the demo-app for? It has a 14 day free trail before you can no longer connect again.
Also make sure that you are running v1.6.6 on Android 13. You can try uninstalling the app and installing the latest version and see if it works better. Make sure that audio permissions are enabled.
« Last Edit: 2023-08-31, 10:28:19 by Joakim (Microbit) »

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2023-08-31, 10:49:46 »
Hi
what kind of CI-V interface do you use ? You must have a CI-V interface which have a separate power supply, the RRC cannot power the CI-V interface. Normally the CI-V interface is connected to Com2 as the Com2 has male dsub (same as a PC).Com1 has a female dsub and pin2 and 3 are reversed. But com1 can be used but both the app and the RRC must be configured for using com1  and the CI-V must have have pin2 and 3 crossed. You will not hear any audio until CI-V connection is working as the IC-7100 start with volume =0.

73 de mike

BI1LLM

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2023-08-31, 17:00:31 »
How long have you been using the demo-app for? It has a 14 day free trail before you can no longer connect again.
Also make sure that you are running v1.6.6 on Android 13. You can try uninstalling the app and installing the latest version and see if it works better. Make sure that audio permissions are enabled.
My probation period is not more than 14 days.

BI1LLM

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2023-08-31, 17:05:19 »
Hi
what kind of CI-V interface do you use ? You must have a CI-V interface which have a separate power supply, the RRC cannot power the CI-V interface. Normally the CI-V interface is connected to Com2 as the Com2 has male dsub (same as a PC).Com1 has a female dsub and pin2 and 3 are reversed. But com1 can be used but both the app and the RRC must be configured for using com1  and the CI-V must have have pin2 and 3 crossed. You will not hear any audio until CI-V connection is working as the IC-7100 start with volume =0.

73 de mike
My CVI interface works fine with the RRC micro, but has problems with the RRC nano. I think it might be the com1 tx rx pins that are upside down.

BI1LLM

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: 2023-08-31, 17:06:36 »
I am currently using version 1.6.6 and the situation remains the same.

BI1LLM

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: 2023-08-31, 17:10:21 »
In addition, can you open the purchase permission of Google Play in China?

BI1LLM

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: 2023-08-31, 17:14:23 »
Hi

73 de mike
This is my RRC nano configuration with com1. If you want to help, I can send a private message to connect the password.
« Last Edit: 2023-08-31, 17:16:59 by BI1LLM »

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: 2023-08-31, 17:23:52 »
If the radio works with RRC-micro the CI-V cable and RRC settings is ok, but select com1 in the app

73 de mike

BI1LLM

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: 2023-08-31, 18:24:40 »
If the radio works with RRC-micro the CI-V cable and RRC settings is ok, but select com1 in the app

73 de mike
Yes, I chose com1. I have purchased pro but still have problem

BI1LLM

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: 2023-08-31, 19:12:30 »
My guess is that the RRC nano's serial port setting doesn't work and will work with com2 regardless of the value set. Because I set the com2 port status to "Inactive" in the serial port settings of radio 1258,After restarting radio 1258, check again that the state of serial port setting com2 is still "inactive".If RRC nano is connected to 1258 at this time, the port status of com2 will become "mode2 icom cvi".
Therefore, I conclude that the serial port selection of RRC nano is invalid.

BI1LLM

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: 2023-10-02, 15:04:12 »
This problem has been solved after the com port was switched to com2.