Author Topic: Help with Remote control of a Yeasu rotator via GS-232B needed.  (Read 7648 times)

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
We have a customer who has problem to get remote control of a Yaesu G-5500 rotator with a GS-232B interface to work via the RRC-1258MkII. Is there anybody out there using that combination, who can help with settings and cabling. We do not have one at Microbit that we can test with.

73 de Mike

iw1rdz

• View Profile
    • Email
I received Remoterig yesterday and still wainting for the rc2000 display from customer to use with my ts2000. I already have a remote station with two computers and now I have started to configure the remoterig devices and to build the cables.
My setup includes a G6LVB interface (LVB tracker) to control a yaesu rotor (that has not native rs232 interface). The LVB tracker has a serial port that I plan to pass over the link via one remote rig serial port (now it is connected to a Tibbo serial to ethernet converter and the local computer interfaces to it using a virtual serial port generated and connected to the remote converter by the Tibbo software tools).
I suggest to try to connect all the devices in local lan on a table,  to find out where the problem is.
Start with testing serial cables directly connected between PC and rotator control device, then try to connect the PC serial port to "control remoterig" serial port and rotator device serial port to the "radio remoterig" serial port; connect the remoterig on lan. Then try to configure the remoterig serial port, probably as trasparent. That is what I have in mind to try for me, I have not already experimented, so don't know if it is right.   
I let you know my results.  ;)

Regards, Steve.

iw1rdz

• View Profile
    • Email
I don't know if the problem has been solved, anyhow I post my setting on a local network (wifi link):

Control side:   used COM2

configured as mode-3 char-timeout
baudrate: 9600
data bits: 8
stop: 1
parity: 0-off
terminator: 0d  (see yaesu gs232 specifications)

Radio side: used COM2

configured as mode-3 char-timeout
baudrate: 9600
data bits: 8
stop: 1
parity: 0-off
terminator: 0d

Tried locally with HRD rotator program; remote side: LVB tracker (yaesu GS232).