Author Topic: Any problem using the RRC-Nano and WiFi?  (Read 22881 times)

K1IKE-Joe

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Any problem using the RRC-Nano and WiFi?
« Reply #15 on: 2015-02-09, 15:35:59 »
I only have web server access at this time.  I don't know if I can upgrade over this connection, I'll have to look into it.  Right now, as I stated, the access road to the site is snowbound and not easily passable at this time.   (I'll be 68 in a few days and would like to make it to that day!)

The Control 1258 has the same versions of software in it, I wonder if I will have to upgrade the Control unit to make it compatible with the Radio unit?  The Control unit is now 1,000 miles away at another hams QTH.  Can I run 2.83 at the Radio 1258 and 2.55 at the Control 1258 without a problem?  I'll eventually be able to upgrade the Control 1258.

Joe

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: 2015-02-09, 16:52:11 »
I only have web server access at this time.  I don't know if I can upgrade over this connection, I'll have to look into it.  Right now, as I stated, the access road to the site is snowbound and not easily passable at this time.   (I'll be 68 in a few days and would like to make it to that day!)

The Control 1258 has the same versions of software in it, I wonder if I will have to upgrade the Control unit to make it compatible with the Radio unit?  The Control unit is now 1,000 miles away at another hams QTH.  Can I run 2.83 at the Radio 1258 and 2.55 at the Control 1258 without a problem?  I'll eventually be able to upgrade the Control 1258.

Joe
Upgrading can be done using the RRC's built-in web server(besides using USB). The control RRC would be easier to upgrade since it's "manned" and so could be supervised while doing it. It's very very seldom causing any problems, like I said, but the decision is of course yours if you want to take that risk, no matter how small.
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

K1IKE-Joe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: 2015-02-09, 17:37:53 »
The existing version 2.55 software is almost 3 years old.  Would there be any problem that you can see to upgrade directly to version 2.83?  Anything I am missing before I attempt this, like bootloader update or anything?

Thanks, Joe, K1ike

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: 2015-02-09, 18:18:39 »
The existing version 2.55 software is almost 3 years old.  Would there be any problem that you can see to upgrade directly to version 2.83?  Anything I am missing before I attempt this, like bootloader update or anything?

Thanks, Joe, K1ike
No, it should not cause any problems "jumping that far". Though like I said, there is always a "risk" that something goes wrong, so you must decide if you are willing to take that tiny risk of something going wrong. However, it would make me very surprised if it failed.

w1asb

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2015-02-11, 06:16:54 »
I had very similar situation and turns out that I changed vfo from A to B and then you can't change frequency on  display easy fix but  cost me little time looking around for the problem .I don't know why radio and Nano loosing communications but after changing to Vfo A all working properly.My setup Kenwood TS-480 hx ,HRD and Nano
Adam
W1ASB

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: 2015-02-11, 08:16:25 »
Perhaps it is caused by the Nano's lack of support for operating split?

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: 2015-02-11, 09:21:04 »
Yes the Nano do not control VFO B at the moment. VFO A/ VFO B, A->B, SPLIT, REVERSE etc is on the todo list.

73 de mike

K1IKE-Joe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: 2015-02-12, 14:03:19 »
Both RRC1258's upgraded from 2.55 to 2.84 with no problem.    73 and Thanks,  Joe

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: 2015-02-12, 14:07:57 »
Both RRC1258's upgraded from 2.55 to 2.84 with no problem.    73 and Thanks,  Joe
Fine! And what about the RRC Nano?

K1IKE-Joe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: 2015-02-12, 14:36:52 »
Nextbook 7 tablet, Andriod 4.4.2 KitKat, Nano 1.1.0 just loaded a couple of days ago.  Joe

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: 2015-02-12, 14:46:32 »
Nextbook 7 tablet, Andriod 4.4.2 KitKat, Nano 1.1.0 just loaded a couple of days ago.  Joe
If meant this you wrote before:
What I can't do is change frequency with either the knob or the direct entry mode

K1IKE-Joe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: 2015-02-12, 14:53:56 »
I don't understand your question.  If you are asking if the problem is frequency control, yes this is the problem.  Someone mentioned that VFO B may be the problem.  I cannot verify that the TS-480 is in VFO A or B at this time.

Joe

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: 2015-02-12, 15:42:22 »
I don't understand your question.  If you are asking if the problem is frequency control, yes this is the problem.  Someone mentioned that VFO B may be the problem.  I cannot verify that the TS-480 is in VFO A or B at this time.

Joe

As I understood it your initial problem was not being able to change frequency. As a starter I then recommended an upgrade of the RRC's firmware as there have been changes made for supporting the RRC Nano apps. You wrote that it has been done and after that your wrote:
"Nextbook 7 tablet, Andriod 4.4.2 KitKat, Nano 1.1.0 just loaded a couple of days ago.  Joe".
which I did not understand and so I asked about what happened with the frequency problem after upgrading.  Do you follow me now?  ;)

K1IKE-Joe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: 2015-02-12, 19:32:10 »
I thought you were asking about the Nano version of software I was using, so I gave you a description of my tablet and version of Android and RCC-Nano software.

With the RCC-1258 now on version 2.84 and the RCC-Nano on version 1.1.0, I am still having the frequency control problem.  When I turn the dial the frequency display on the Nano changes but the frequency does not change on the remote radio.  Whwn I manually enter a new frequency on the display area the radio does not tune to that frequency.

I hope that clears things up?

Joe

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: 2015-02-13, 10:03:59 »
I thought you were asking about the Nano version of software I was using, so I gave you a description of my tablet and version of Android and RCC-Nano software.

With the RCC-1258 now on version 2.84 and the RCC-Nano on version 1.1.0, I am still having the frequency control problem.  When I turn the dial the frequency display on the Nano changes but the frequency does not change on the remote radio.  Whwn I manually enter a new frequency on the display area the radio does not tune to that frequency.

I hope that clears things up?

Joe
The radio is in VFO B, and since the app (as of now) does not support that you will see such a behavior.