is a remote controlled switch with 5 relay outputs 230V/16A which can be controlled independently via the built in web server from any computer connected to the Internet. It can also be configured as a automatic antenna switch connected to the radios CAT interface . It’s perfect suited for controlling coax relays, controlling 4-squares ,switching the Rig on/off or maybe the Power Amp. No PC is needed, like in USB switches, everything is built in the box and the WEB-switch is connected directly to the local network. An important feature is that the switch is restoring the status of the relays after a power failure. The relay statuses is indicated by LED:s. The settings is optionally password protected. Apps for mobiles are available for Iphone, Android and Windows Phone.
More information about the webswitch is available at www.webswitch.se
Web Rotator Control Unit
To create a web based rotator control it’s possible to connect a Rotator control Unit (RCU) to the Webswitch 1216H. The RCU is connected via the 1-wire bus to the webswitch. The RCU has three 16A relays for CW and CCW rotation and for break control. For the the azimuth (direction) reading there is A/D input which handles 0-7,5V or 0-15V. The A/D input is fully issolated. The RCU can be connected to most of the current available rotators and rotating tower controls. The indicatior can be calibrated every 30 degrees to handle potentiometers which is not linear.
When using the Webswitch 1216H and the RCU 1216L you do not need to use the RRC-serial ports for rotator control.
For more info check the RCU 1216L page.
Webbased Rotator Control
When using the Webswitch 1216H as rotator control you do not need to use the RRC-serial ports for rotator control
Most Important Differences compared to the earlier revision 1216E
- USB Setup makes the initial setup much easier than before
- Both 10BaseT and 100BaseT Ethernet connection
- Two inputs which can be read via the WEB-interface(currently not implemented in software)
- Up to 25 1-Wire bus devices (BUS-A, BUS-B) for temperature sensors etc.
- Built in DynDNS Client
- Much bigger memory, makes future new functions possible
- Can be equipped with a radio transceiver interface for receiving and transmitting Nexa compatible codes. Enables controlling remote switches using the so called Nexa protocol as well as receiving codes from Nexa transmitters.
- Additional software modules, currently “Auto Control Programs”(automatic control of relays and Nexa remote switches using a versatile combination of time/temperature/light/sun rise+set) and “Car Warm Up”(automatic control of one or two relays/Nexa remote switches in order to heat up the car’s engine and/or coupé at a given departure time and outside temperature.)
The WEB-Switch can also be used for remote temperature (more info) checks or for temperature control by connecting up to 25 temperature sensor (Dallas DS18B20). The Switch fits into a standard DIN-rail system (6M). There are lot of cheap DIN-boxes which can be used for outdoor installations.
If the WEB-switch is located behind a NAT-router you need to set up a port forwarding in the router to the WEB-switch to make it reachable from the outside. The WEB-switch default IP is 192.168.0.236 and the built in WEB-server is using port 80. IP-address can be changed via USB with the small PC-software called Microbit Setup Manager which you can download on this page. Microbit Setup Manager can also be used to update the firmware.
|Power||>8-12V AC or 9-16V DC
connected to screws or 2.1/5.5 mm DC-connector
|Power consumption||max 800 mA AC with all relays active
max 400 mA DC with all relays active
|Relays outputs||230VAC/16A, 20VDC/16A, 30VDC/10A (5×1 pol)
connected via screw terminals
|USB interface||USB 2.0 (USB-mini connector)
|LAN interface||10Base-T/100Base-T (Ethernet) RJ45|
|Indications LAN Interface||2 pc. LED in the RJ45 connector
showing LINK status (Yellow) and DATA Rx (Green)
|Indications common||Relay 1-5 status and Power On|
|Dimensions (lxwxh)||105 x 86 x 49 mm 6 Modules DIN-rail|
|Temperature range||0-55°C(The device itself)|
|Options||Inputs for up to 25 temperature sensors (single wire bus DS18B20)
2 x Digital Inputs
|Software for setup||Microbit Setup Manager to set IP, netmask etc, and for firmware update|